Friday, September 18, 2009
beahs presentation
I thought Beahs presentation was awesome. He had a lot to say not only about the book but about life and school and hard work. I honestly thought it would be boring and all about the book. But it wasn’t, I really didn’t know that he didn’t want his book to be published or even that he thought of writing one for that reason. It was really nice to be able to see what he had to say about his experiences and how he threw humor into the mix of it even at its more than what I expected. I like how he talked about his uncle and his reasons for how hot water worked or the walk ways that the ground just moved. I also liked the stories about when he went to New York and had his own hotel and had electricity. We really do take that stuff for granted everything we have runs off gas or electricity when the power goes out nothing works and people are at a loss. When he talked about being in college in Ohio was cool I didn’t know if he has only see places like New York or in states like ours with not much. We can relate to him and its cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
His stories about trying to explain things like a shower to his uncle reminded me that, to explain a new experience to another person, we usually have to begin with a perspective to which they can relate. We have to find an experience within their understanding to compare the new experience to. This is true is writing too.
ReplyDelete