Sunday, September 27, 2009

art museum

At the art museum I had a pretty good time. I thought it was a good change from the class room to go somewhere else and have class for a day. The helmet mask that we looked at was interesting. I thought that its pretty interesting on that it was made from wood and could be worn on your head. But I lost interest in it real quick and was ready to go on to the next piece of art which I thought was really cool. It seemed disturbing that in the painting that actually happened. I cant imagine being burned alive just for the oil in your body? Defiantly not a good way to go. When we had to act out the art it was fun to be able to see it in a 3 dimensional way instead of just on canvas might change your view a little bit on paintings and see what the artist is imagining. The last set of paintings we looked at was very weird and I don’t get art that I honestly don’t think that some of that stuff is art. I think that paint that’s swirled around or thrown on a canvas is just that. But that’s my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. As our guide said, art is subjective, meaning that we each get to make up our minds about it.

    ReplyDelete