Friday, October 23, 2009

hate writing

The videos on why students hate writing I thought was very correct. Most of everything they said was in some way shape or form true. It take s a lot of time and academic writing is difficult, and students a lot of them time in high school didn’t have to write papers almost at all and haven’t been taught the basics or anything about it to make a good paper let alone college worthy paper. Writing on subjects that we don’t like or subjects that we have no interest in makes it a lot harder. We feel like there’s no time to do this stuff and when you don’t like it, it makes it worse. It’s like sitting through a 3 hour movie or longer you absolutely hate. When you think I don’t want to do this it makes it worse, because you psych yourself out of it and that just makes it harder to write. The other video I thought was ridiculous at first and didn’t get what was going on but after I watched for a minute it does explain ethos logos and pathos. And puts it into a different perspective I guess I could say.

1 comment:

  1. I like your analogy to a long, boring movie. I also thought the ethos, pathos, logos video was confusing at first, but I really like that it's a student video rather than some boring lecture (there are plenty of those posted on YouTube about ethos, pathos, logos -- blech!)

    ReplyDelete