It is really cool how we are reading this book and your father in law has gone there for a mission’s trip. It’s kind of ironic. I think those pictures were very interesting. And that he might have visited Beah’s village is really cool. The stories he told us were very interesting too. About the lady with the cokes and how the living was. With no electricity and running water, to me that sounds horrible maybe not the running water part that isn’t bad. But the electricity I would hate. I’ve been to the boundary waters in Minnesota. There is no electricity or running water there either so I can relate a little bit. Him going there to build a school that was probably destroyed in the next war I didn’t think about until Karen said that. It’s really cool to read a book about something true in another country, have that author come and talk about it, and then also have someone who has been there to help is awesome. We haven’t gotten a lot of different views of this country and the war. It has been very helpful in imagining what has happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fred will be pleased you got so much from his presentation.
ReplyDelete